Translate

Friday 30 March 2012

Ergot's In The Rye

I was reading a book about the history of LSD many years ago and read about entire villages going insane because their rye crop had been infested with a fungus called ergot.  The one village baker would bake the town's bread using this tainted rye and the whole crown would go on a crazy acid trip.
The human reaction to the fungus ranges including burning of the limbs, confusion, delusion and hallucinations.
Recently some historians have been suggesting that the Salem witch trials started as a result of an ergot infestation.



I've always wanted to write a story/book based on these ideas.  Instead I've created a mutation in honour of the ergot fungus...

I know I broke my own rule by breaking the arm off...but it was just SOOOO tempting.

Enjoy kiddies.
>K

No comments:

Post a Comment