Translate

Friday 9 March 2012

Pre-emptive Strike

There Will Be No Goose For Dinner Tonight...

"Inga?"
"Yes Papa?"
"I would like you to go out and kill us a goose for dinner."
"But Papa the geese, they frighten me..."
"Nonsense Inga.  Stop wasting time.  Go get a cleaver from the kitchen, I expect you back with a plucked goose within the hour!"
"Yes Papa..."





I took my wife's advice and tried something a little different this time.  Instead of repainting the whole piece I tried to just alter the piece slightly where it needed it.  The finishing spray washed out some of the color I used which gave it a worn look matching it with the rest of the piece.  She was right again...damnit.

This piece is plastic vs. the ceramic I'm used to working with, which is why it has those terrible seams.  She also has a loop on the top of her head, can anyone tell me the purpose behind that?  Was this a Christmas ornament at some time?

Because I wasn't painting the whole figurine I managed to get it done quite quickly too which is nice...

This piece is in my top 3 so far...and I think it's going to stay there for a while.

>K

2 comments:

  1. StoneColdStacey9 March 2012 at 18:19

    I LOVE IT!! The fact that she's holding the knife behind her back is what did it for me! Nice Work!

    ReplyDelete